Fifth graders in Northwest Colorado learned all about water Wednesday at the 1st annual Yampa Youth Water Festival.
Holly Kirkpatrick organized it for the Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District.
There were 26 learning stations set up throughout the Routt County Fairgrounds in Hayden. There were 415 fifth graders from throughout Routt and Moffat counties.
One of them was 5th grader Ella Mae Miller from Ridgeview Elementary in Craig.
The day started with the launching of a weather balloon from the fairgrounds.
Those groups helping included:
- Center for Western Weather and Water Extremes
- West Routt Fire Protection District
- Town of Hayden Public Works Department
- Upper Colorado River Endangered Fish Recovery Program
- Natural Resource Conservation Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- Trout Unlimited
- Northwest Colorado Health
- Bee the Future
- Colorado Mountain College
- Colorado State University Extension
- City of Steamboat Springs
- Yampa/White/Green Basin Roundtable
- Friends of the Yampa
- Water Pump Supply and Service
- Yampa Valley Sustainability Council
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Community Agriculture Alliance
- Bear River Reservoir Company
- Supper Yampa Water Conservancy District
- Colorado Crane Conservation Coalition