Cold winter weather is upon us. Here are some steps from Xcel Energy on how to save on your energy bills going into this heating season.
Take steps to save
Here are ways customers can save energy and money this winter:
- Lower your thermostat a few degrees, ideally to 68 degrees or lower.
- Adjust your programmable thermostat to automatically lower the temperature while you are away or while you sleep.
- During daylight hours, open drapes and blinds to maximize heat from direct sunlight. To retain heat, keep them closed when it is dark.
- Run ceiling fans in a clockwise direction to push warm air down from the ceiling, adding comfort and savings.
- Keep interior doors open to help circulate air more freely and maintain constant heating levels.
Or call 800-895-4999.